We are a group of Canadian women who are believers in the value of home life and the contribution a stable and loving domestic environment makes to our families and to the wider community. We handmake items for our homes and for giftgiving. We welcome you to our site and hope you enjoy browsing here. From our homes to yours, we send our best wishes - Chantal, Julia & Maika.


Chantal is the one who does wonders with paper.


Julia is the queen of aprons and all things fabric.


Maika is the gifted knitter and jewellery crafter.


Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Shoe Bag Day ...











Today was the shoe-bag day! I took photos and posted my sets of shoe bags on my Etsy page. And I also mailed out an apron to Vermont .... It was ordered by a really nice lady from Florida who was buying it for a girlfriend of hers in Vermont for her birthday. I do so hope she likes it.

On Tuesday I also made a new airplane travel bag for myself. It always seems that I'm making for others and just occasionally the worm turns and I need to make something for myself!

So a wonderful purple bag was created .... I also made myself a pillowcase for my small feather travel pillow. I need to be comfortable when flying! And overnight flights to Europe are hard enough anyway so you have to make sure you have something soft to rest your head on. The photo makes it look sort of blue, but it is an amazing rich purple. I am very fond of purple.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I love your travel set Julia...the color and pattern of the fabric for the bag are so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travel sets are so useful when you are away from home. Mine were mostly zip lock bags, but they came in handy also. I love your fabrics, very stylish. These would make great gifts for anyone. Even to store your nicest shoes in at home. My Grandma always had her suitcast packed and ready to go visit relatives. It was a small suitcase...way tooo small for me!

    ReplyDelete