We are a group of Canadian women who are believers in the value of home life and the contribution a stable and loving domestic environment makes to our families and to the wider community. We handmake items for our homes and for giftgiving. We welcome you to our site and hope you enjoy browsing here. From our homes to yours, we send our best wishes - Chantal, Julia & Maika.


Chantal is the one who does wonders with paper.


Julia is the queen of aprons and all things fabric.


Maika is the gifted knitter and jewellery crafter.


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Another bag lady day!






So Chantal was sick and couldn't get to me - she says her car was snowed in! Yeah - I think she just wanted a PJ day .... No harm in that though!



Anyway, I had a mission to make 4 sets of shoe bags today - and I achieved it - it's always good to do what you set out to ....



And would you believe it - you know the purple bag I made for myself before Christmas - well my neighbour absolutely LOVED it and wanted to buy it for her daughter for Christmas. A sale is a sale in my book so I swallowed a little tear and handed it over. There was just enough left over, though, to make myself a laptop bag for the new laptop computer my husband bought me for my Christmas and birthday present, and then I made a little bag for the charger and ANOTHER bag to put all of it in. So that was the very very end of the gorgeous purple fabric. There is just a tiny piece about 2" square left. It has been one of my most favourite fabrics.
So it's a good day - and it's pretty and snowy outside. Now I have to leave the sanctuary of my workroom and go and prepare dinner. No complaints, though. I love my domestic life and am blessed to have the chance to live it.

2 comments:

  1. ...LOL...I did enjoy spending most of the day in my PJs!!! I'm feeling a bit better...And my wonderful husband...When he got home from work, remove the mountain of snow covering my car!!! Awwwwwww!!!!!!!

    Julia, I love your new set of purple bags... BEAUTIFUL - And I'm glad that one of us had a productive day! You GO girl! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete